Our congregation is over 100 years old. Our Temple, built in 1908, is located in New Bern's beautiful Historic District, and is listed on the National Register of Historic Places. Our 121 members come from 76 households from six coastal counties. Our services are conducted by lay leaders and are followed by a fellowship hour for refreshments and schmoozing.
The mission of this congregation is to cultivate the tenets of Reform Judaism through prayer, worship, study, fellowship and good works. In pursuit of this mission, we commit ourselves to ongoing innovation, seeking new challenges and continually evaluating our progress and results. We commit ourselves to building and sustaining an environment necessary to realize our mission.